We are accepting new clients! Please note an application and interview is required for daycare. Please review the instructions below on how to apply for daycare and please review the list of requirements on who is eligible to apply. All dogs must be interviewed prior to be accepted and we typically do interviews M-F late morning (10:30-12pm) or early afternoon (1-2pm). The interview takes about 20-30 minutes.
To apply for daycare:
- Please complete our daycare Application
and email it us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a copy of shot records. In order to be granted an interview, dogs must be up to date with the following shots:
- Distemper (all three rounds for Puppies)
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) * Please note this is not a standard shot given by vets and you must ask for this shot from your vet*
- Dogs over 6-7 months must be spayed or neutered in order to participate in daycare. Please email us if you have questions regarding this policy.
- Once we receive the application from you, we will review it and we will contact you via email or phone to set up the interview.
Daycare is not always right for all dogs. Please be advised our enrollment policy is subject to change at any time due to room capacity, staffing and other COVID related circumstances.
Please review our screening guidelines for enrollment below:
- Puppies!! Puppies 12 weeks and older are encouraged to apply for daycare. Puppies need all three rounds of Distemper and the Kennel Cough vaccine in order to participate in daycare.
- Dogs that have done daycare before and enjoy an active environment of 30 + dogs a day
- Socialized dogs who are eager to meet, greet, and play.
- Daycare is typically not right for older dogs, dogs who are older than 1-2 and are not socialized, rescues that have never been around dogs or have had any training. Daycare is a very active environment and it is hard to socialize a dog who is older and has not been around dogs. Daycare is not always right for every dog.
- If you are on our waitlist from before and have not been contacted and are still interested in daycare, please contact us.
Please email us to discuss details or if you have questions. Daycare is an active environment, and if your dog is not comfortable being around a lot of dogs, we may not be a good fit. Daycare is not right for all dogs and we ask that you not take it personally if your dog is not admitted to The Barking Orange. This does not mean your dog is a bad dog. It just means this daycare center is not right for your dog. We want every dog that comes here to be happy and comfortable!